Calling researchers who are looking into radically innovative ways to address sustainable development challenges! We are pleased to announce that we are welcoming submissions to the Off the Lip 2020 Conference on Cognitive Innovation for Sustainable Development. We welcome perspectives from all disciplines and disciplines, including but not limited to psychology, neuroscience, the arts, humanities, computational science, philosophy, design, anthropology, education, development studies, biology, cybernetics, autopoeitic studies, and systems theory.
Off the Lip 2020 will happen 24-25 January 2020, at the UP Open University, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines. The conference seeks to showcase radically multidisciplinary, multisectoral, and creative approaches to addressing the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers from diverse disciplines and across sectors (government, industry, academia, and NGOs) to address challenges in sustainable development. The conference aims in particular to highlight the role that cognitive science and cognitive innovation might play in addressing sustainable development issues.
Researchers from academia, government, industry, and civic society are invited to present original theoretical, empirical, and practice-based research papers in areas including (but not limited to) the following:
* Cognitive science for sustainable development research and action
* From cell to society: autopoiesis and self-organizing systems for positive change
* Kickstarting a self-sustaining culture of curiosity and lifelong learning
* Potential contributions of space research to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
* Moving forward together: intergenerational knowledge-creation, interactions, and relationships
* Kusa: self-determination, self-initiative, and agency
* Cognitive biomimicry: drawing inspiration from non-human animal cognition and social organization for human development
* Cognitive scientific approaches to class, identity, and culture
* Psychological and cognitive scientific approaches to deception, trickery, and corruption
* Cross-disciplinary endeavors: art/science/humanities/technology/design collaborations
* Practices in building interdisciplinary environments to achieve sustainable development goals
We particularly welcome submissions related to related to the six ColLaboratoire 2020 (https://otlip20.cognovo.org/about/collaboratoire-2020) topics:
* Facing the aging population
* Addressing compassion fatigue
* Developing environmental empathy
* Fixing social media
* Igniting education
* Reimagining sustainability
FORMATS: Proposals will be accepted for oral presentations (theoretical or experimental work that will be presented in 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions) or posters (work that can be easily conveyed in visual/graphical form).
PUBLICATION: Selected presentations of papers will be published in AVANT – Trends in Interdisciplinary Studies, which is indexed in Web of Science (Emerging Sources Citation Index) and numerous scholarly databases: https://otlip20.cognovo.org/publication
KEYNOTE AND FEATURED SPEAKERS:
* Dr. Sue DENHAM, Wotelsat UK Ltd (UK)
* Prof. Alexander G. FLOR, UP Open University (PH)
* Mini JAIN, Flow Partnership (UK/IN)
* Prof. John MARTIN, University of Plymouth (UK)
* Dr. Mona NASER, University of Plymouth, (UK)
* Lody PADILLA, WeDpro/University of the Philippines Diliman (PH)
* Dr. Rogel Mari SESE, Regulus SpaceTech (PH)
* Dr. Angelo VERMEULEN, Space Ecologies Art and Design (BE)/TU Delft (NL)
SUBMISSIONS/DATES: Details about the submission process can be found on the conference website: https://otlip20.cognovo.org/
Abstracts should be sent by 30th of August 2019.
Questions? Please direct them to the OTLip19 Committee. We look forward to hearing from you!