The University of the Philippines (UP) Board of Regents (BOR) has approved the establishment of the Center for Open and Digital Teaching and Learning (CODTL) during its 1378th Meeting held on 23 February 2023. In line with this, the UP Open University (UPOU) Multimedia Center (MC) was renamed to the Educational Media Production (EMP) as part of its reorganization under the CODTL.
With the reorganization of the office, its new set of functions now include the following:
- Produce educational materials for courses offered by the University based on sound design principles in partnership with the Learning Design Section and other academic units in the University.
- Provide technical and design advice to academic staff in the production of multimedia learning materials
- Produce learning materials in open and distance learning and other curricular programs for other educational institutions as provided for in RA 10650 and other recognized organizations in coordination with other units in the University
- Develop and maintain online and offline repositories for open educational resources
- Maintenance of UPOU studios and multimedia facilities
- Manage online and offline bookstore
EMP is led by its Deputy Director, Mr. Lexter J. Mangubat, and manned by five staff members: Information Systems Researcher, Administrative Assistants (3), and Administrative Aide.
EMP, and the CODTL in general, is now under the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The EMP Deputy Director directly reports to CODTL Director, Dr. Ricardo T. Bagarinao, who then reports to UPOU Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Dr. Primo G. Garcia.
EMP can be reached through [email protected] and (049) 536-6001 local 453.
Written by Joaquin Ascan
Edited by Ricardo Bagarinao and Anna Cañas-Llamas
Contributed by the UPOU CODTL-EMP